Thanks to the E-Type Forum

Hi All
Just wanted to thank the forum for the great response on the sale of my '70 E-Type OTS…
I had many lookers, and three serious buyers result…
The car left yesterday, to the new owner…I know he will enjoy it…
Now I move on to less complex pastures.

My advice to future sellers…Keep the asking price fair and reasonable, and , unless your in the car business, remember , this is , after all, a hobby…Hobbies cost money, but don’t necessarily bring a profit.

Edward

6 Likes

Good advice indeed, in fact most hobbies cost money and many cost a LOT of money. Nothing wrong with that either. I did not profit when selling my car and it was not my intention. It made my life richer in many ways, worth more than money.
pauls

2 Likes

Man, can I relate!!!

1 Like

I’ve had many unsolicited offers for my car at a price that is higher than it is worth. As long as I can drive it, it’s worth more to me in smiles per mile than the actual dollar value of the car. I’ve never owned any “thing” that has brought me as much enjoyment, not to mention the meeting of so many wonderful people who are Jag owners/enthusiasts, as my E Type.

1 Like

Pretty much agreed: it’s all totally subjective, and there is NO correct answer.

Personally, for me, having had the “jollies” for nigh onto 53 years, Id reached a point—similar to @paul_spurlock where I was, for lack of a better term, ‘complete.’

It may also have to do with my good fortune of having been able to “play” with hundreds of others’ toys!

Tweety and I have an indelible connection (one that I hope is passed along to all subsequent stewards) and a history that is contained in my mind, not in the pile of steel, aluminum, and glass that is Tweety.

The “balance” was finally reached, when the monetary value if the car exceeded its sentimental value, and two years on since the sale, I have zero regrets.

I thought I’d reached that point after 15 years of owning the 2+2. Of course I was WRONG!. I could have introduced my self as “Glad to meet you, I’m Wrong, Dead Wrong”.

1 Like

I thought on it, loooong and hard: my wife, no gearhead herself, made* me think about it, for 3+ years.

In the end—may it not come for many years— I think I will have made the correct choice.

If nothing else, Tweety’s sale erased all non-mortgage debt we had, quite literally paving the way to us being sble to reach the RV decision.

Edward - it was a pleasure to meet you sir! I made it back safely.
You kept the car in great shape and I will further this!
Already having fun doing the research

Keep in contact and let me know what you buy.

1 Like

Best of luck …Hope you bring it to the next level…
Edward