The question no-one was asking

With all these mods, what is the estimated new red-line?

I can’t answer for the party involved, but put me down as a guess of 8500 RPM…

. . . . and I am likely overly-optimistic with a guess closer to 9000 than 8500.
A lot depends on the final CR, yes?

No: CR has little to nothing to do with max rpm: valve trains are the limiting factor.

8250 RPM, 84mm stroke and 440 BHP

So says the man in charge of that stuff

1 Like

I wuz close!!!

I can’t wait till it’s just one state away from me, and I can see this beast!

You might hear it without leaving home.

Peter is known for many fine qualities, subtlety is not the top of that list.

2 Likes

Front upper control arm, outer section, well into the machining process.

Hole is for the upper ball joint, web at lower left is connection to the rocker arm.

1 Like

I feel the need…

2 Likes

I am struggling with identifying the various parts, but I think I have it.

They are the left and right vertical brackets that hold the matter/antimatter reactors to produce the required energy to achieve warp speed. The other two separate the deuterium and antideuterium that are reacted in a dilithium matrix.
I’m just not sure how these are gonna be linked to the impulse engine.

1 Like

You are clearly a man of deep vision. Welcome to The Project.

Lesser mortals merely see ball joint sockets.

2 Likes

From Our Man in Brisbane:
“Next week’s job…figure out…these bits…fabricated bellhousing…”

Various people have been generous with thoughts on our use of the Tremec 6-speed transmission (thanks Michael), following is an update from Peter.

I chose a Tremec 6 speed for a few reasons.
1). The E type transmission tunnel is small and structurally compromised. To get the front space frame attached to the Monocoque meant it had to go. The resultant tubular frame tunnel was made for the sole purpose of making a quantum improvement in structural integrity.
2). I opted for 6 speeds because our short stroke engines have a narrower power band plus more power than most previous E types. We’re looking at 8000 RPM and 440 BHP which eliminates 5 speed boxes as an option
3). The Tremec 6 speed has 3 gearlever locations. 2 as standard and then an after market 3rd location. I opted for the 3rd option because our engine and box are mounted further back than most Tremec applications. The gearlever comes out next to the steering wheel in our case.
4). Mustang, Camero, Corvette, Viper, HSV, Falcon, Hellcat (Ford, GM, Chrysler) all use the Tremec 6 speed. They’re not God but when they all choose Tremec it says something.
The final installation is a tight fit because it’s a big box. At the flywheel end, chassis clearance is 15mm each side. Less at the rear.
Speedo drive is an issue I’ve yet to resolve. Might need an electronic Speedo taking a signal off a rear wheel like the Elise.
Clutch options are limited but HSV clutches and flywheels are used on 500 BHP Commodore and well made. Since I’m making a bespoke flywheel, choosing an HSV flywheel was no hassle. I made the crank to suit the available flywheel which is a nice billet steel item. When I’ve got some time, I’ll lighten the flywheel.
Concentric clutch slave cylinders make the installation fit the limited transmission tunnel space.

Next challenge is pistons

We’ll get to pistons later. Surprise, it’s not entirely straighforward.

1 Like

:ru:Yes, thank you for setting this up. New thread. Learning every day, now.
Change engine, now. Restoring e type series one. Long time.
Maybe death or finish!
Frank.

There are speedo options that use a GPS antenna for input.

1 Like

That is what I used on my jeep: far easier to deal with, and dealing with all that stuff with adapting cables and transducers and all that junk.

So is there a mechanical input to the speedo…a servo motor presume

Thanks for the suggestions, Peter is now in contact with a speedo company in Brisbane to see if they can build one of those units into the original speedo. I’ll let you know how it goes