Thermotime switch connects to?

Hello. I’m shortly gonna attempt to overhaul my cooling system a bit (new hoses, thermostats 82 C, coolant). I am really a novice at this and noticed that the thermotime switch on RH thermostat doesn’t seem to connect to anything (see photo). Is this correct? Does it matter ? I am finding it quite difficult to find information about what all the sensors do, where they go, vacuum lines etc are still a bit of a mystery.

Ultimately it’d end up connected to the little square black box under the left hand side parcel shelf as that is the 15minute timer device.

The Roger Bywater websites (new and old) have plenty of useful information, as does this site if you use the search function. If all else fails, the manuals tend to have information in them.

kind regards
Marek

IF you car has cold start injectors there was a Thermotime switch to operate them. The switch in question might be for the CS injectors . A better picture might help

The CS injectors were problematic. The system was often defeated/abandoned. Jaguar stopped installing them circa 1983.

Cheers
DD

Thanks for your reply. As my car is 1983 perhaps the thermotime switch is redundant

Thanks MarekH
Now I know what the little black box does too.