Thickness of new clutch release bearing (throwout bearing) please?

Installing the gearbox and bell housing I find that I don’t have much room to move the clutch fork. It worked fine before I tore everything apart and am wondering if the release bearing has worn. It’s only ten years old and had less than 10K Km’s on it, mostly on rural roads. I didn’t bother getting a new one since I wouldn’t have thought it had worn much. If someone has a newish one handy, can you measure the thickness of the exposed material please.
Thanks folks,
Bob

After reading a few sorta-related posts, here some more information with pictures. Is this correct or normal? From what I read, when the bearing is touching the clutch plate bushing/bearing, the fork arm should be closer to the right side of the housing opening, leaving about a third of the travel for clutch disengaement and another third for bearing wear. I’m almost positive all parts are what came out five years ago.

I had the same concerns when I did my clutch last year. I thought for sure that’s not enough room. It is. The TOB only has to move 1/8" or so to be effective.
Jag-Lovers link, clutch

Hi Bob…milage dosent really matter on your old bearing if it hasnt been adjusted correctly in the past it could wear out quick…with the bearing touching the clutch plate the fork should sit approx in the middle of the opening…you need about 1/4 of pushrod movement to operate the clutch…make sure you adjust the pushrod correctly as per the manual and fit the return spring if yoy have the slave cylinder that requires one…Steve

Thanks folks. That makes me feel better. I’d like the fork to be closer to the right side but if that worked for you, then I’ll go with it.
I’ve made a promise to spend (much) less time downloading stuff I shouldn’t really be downloading :exploding_head:, and more time getting my baby back on the road for spring.