Throttle body clicking

hello
i have a 1996 xk8 my throttle body had a loud click on turning the key.
seemed to be getting nowhere,so purchased another one.
this one i put on the car,and no click…i thought,i cracked it.within minutes the clicking started,but this time it did not stop it just clicking all the time.
one thing i did notice while it was clicking the car would start,albeit runs very rough,but if i keep blipping the pedal it will go on running.
i then pull one of the plugs off on the side of the throttle body,then plug it back in until i can stop the clicking,will not start.get the clicking back and will start but again runs rough.HELP.

Have you taken off the air intake tube and had someone turn the key so you can try to see what is clicking? Maybe the throttle plate?

last seen yesterday at 23:33

YESTERDAY

Messages are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of this chat, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them. Click to learn more.

Hello

10:52

Hello

11:15

With that plug disconnected runs nearly ok but no rev counter

11:29

last seen yesterday at 23:33

YESTERDAY

Messages are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of this chat, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them. Click to learn more.

Hello

10:52

Hello

11:15

With that plug disconnected runs nearly ok but no rev counter

11:29

image.jpeg

11:34

image.jpeg

11:34

(Attachment WhatsApp Video 2023-05-08 at 11.35.40.mp4 is missing)

| Virus-free.www.avg.com |

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

| Virus-free.www.avg.com |

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

HELLO.i tried to send you a video of the throttle body clicking.but it was rejected.is there another way i could send it…whatsapp???
i am sending…hopefully a pic of where the clicking is coming from.i turn the key and it just clicks forever.this is a different throttle body i have fitted this week,i changed it as the other one was clicking…but this one clicks all the time once it starts clicking.the other one would just click at the turn of the key then stop.
really hoping you can sort ir???
richard

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hmmmm not sure. Neither picture or video came through

Thanks for getting back to me
Have you email…what’s app.
Richard

HELLO
just attached reader…codes come up p1224…p1228…p1229…cleared codes…plugged in again codes came up p0121…,…p1229.
plugged an another reader…codes come up p1224…p1228…p1229…cleared codes…plugged in again codes came up p0121…,.

|

• |

28…p1229…cleared codes…plugged in again codes came up p0121

Ive seen a few threads saying about the same thing and using a electronics cleaner on the connectors. Also the possibility of doing a hard reset on the system. Other thing i saw was that the tps might be out of position, or even that the throttle cable could be too tight

Thanks
I have ordered some electronic cleaner
And some throttle body cleaner

1 Like