Timing chains wear

Hi All

I have seen a lot of posts about chain tensioners and what can happen if they fail. But I do not recollect seeing anything about timing chain wear.
My 2000 xk8 has 90,000 miles on the clock and runs well. What is the life expectancy of the timing chains?
When should I start to worry about things going bad when I start the motor?
I would appreciate any thoughts on this subject

Bill

What did the chains look like when the tensioners were replaced???
I have seen engines run into the hundreds of thousands of miles with original chains as long as the guides/tensioners are not broken.

bob

Bob
The dealership changed tensioners in 2003, but I do not know if they did both upper and lowers. The dealership is no longer around so I cannot get the service records for the car.I can hear the chain drive, more so than I could with my E-type, and I have concerns about what is happening inside the motor.I think that I have just persuaded myself to rebuild the front end!!!Everything on the car is original apart from replacement hoses to the dreaded roof latch, serpentine belt, fuel pump and right lower oxygen sensor.I enjoy driving the car and want it to last, so am willing to get in and replace whatever is necessary.
Bill