Title trouble with my 89 conv.xjs

I’m still at a loss how one can look at one number stamped on the car and a different number on a piece of paper and conclude the one stamped on the car is incorrect.

5 Likes

You and me both Kirby.

“Hello, have you met my wife?”
“Yes, but she was not the right person.”

A heritage certificate is completely useless for title purposes.

1 Like

The number on the title is what is stamped on the car ( in the center, under the bonnet, near the catch)
And when the dutch DMV checked the nr, they found another nr under it ( laser)
Suspicion was rissen because the nr was not perfect strait aligned when stamped.
So they checked the (now false) nr and found that it was connected to a car wich was registred as crusched.
Then I replied to Jaguar for an Heritage certificat for the discovered nr wich they gave and wich mached with the car,s boddy-,engine- and gearbox numbers,
So then the car was acknowledged to exist by the dutch dmv and marked with a seal.
With my last vissit to them they were searcing for 1.5 ours and came up blank for info.
The inspector told me : I can not find anything and I do not know how to proceed.
He wants extra info, and when I asked wich info he said : I DON,T KNOW !!!
I left beaten by such reply and went home to think about what to do .
I have tried to find info on the webb but found nothing and that is why i turn to this beautiful community
Thank,s verry much for the comments already and I will try to post the picture,s of the title and Heritage certificate as well as some fotos of my cars

1 Like

The title trouble is about the blue cabrio in the back on the fotos
The grey coupe is just a hobby project and almost ready .

Cold air intakes?

20 char

It looks like you widened the rear end?
Looks nice!

Please explain…
Somebody ground the plate down and stamped a new number?
Did you get the heritage certificate based on the engine and gearbox number? What if they have been changed?

1 Like

Could this issue/situation be due to North American 2 VINs scenario?

I don’t know what year the NA 2 VIN situation was introduced & which of the 2 VINs would appear on the title document.

I reckon that JDHT would always quote what they saw as their own VIN on a heritage certificate & NOT the VIN that was ‘created’ for the NA market.

Andy.

Over the years I have seen a typographical error on serial numbers,… also a wrong year (12 years newer) had that corrected by local state dmv… Jaguar withe number stamped wrong and factory corrected next to wrong number… So s…s… Tuff happens

1 Like

I got the Heritage certificate on the nr witch was foud by the Duch DMV
and boddy-engine-and gearbox nr,s mached with the data from Jaguar.

Indeed cold air intakes, Changed from right hand drive to left hand, widend front and back by 7 inch
removed the extra platelights holder vrom the bootlid and replaced the rear lights to maken the rear more sloped apearance, rebuild the engine and blacked out the chrome parts.

SAJNV4840KC158072 <— this is the 17-character VIN used in the US.
It cannot be in the location where you describe it.
This VIN should be visible on a plate in the lower corner of windshield, driver side.

As already shown by another lister, SAJNV4840KC158072 is absolutely legit. Notice that letter “O” does not appear in the title, it is always “0” - zero!
It matches the CA title, which shows that the car was sold in November 2008.

The OP states “I have bought in 2003 my xjs from california.”

Is 2003 a typo?

1 Like

sadly no
I have the car for that long and never realy drove it apart from around the block
workload, 2008 crisis, burnout takes all a lot of time.
But that,s life

I am confused, I am sorry. You have the car since 2003 and the title shows it was sold in 2008?

I am a fool.
Sorry it is indeed a mistake because the coupe is bought in 2003
The blue cabrio is bought in 2008

1 Like

Looks like you already registered the VIN with xjsdata.com

You wrote:

“I am searching for info about this car.
I have bought this car through E Bay in 2008 and got it with the wrong title,so now I have troubles with the Dutch DMV.
Can annybody find the original title copy?
Anny info is verry much welkomed.”

The copy of the title you provided is absolutely legit CA title.

US cars cars have the US VIN available on multiple locations. These are pictures I just took from this auction:

No affiliation.

B-pillar driver side:

Fender edge:

Windshield:

The Jaguar VIN, which is different, but ends with the same last 6-digits is here:

1 Like

But the Vin nr on the ca title is not the nr wich was put in the car by the Jaguar factory