Todays puzzle parts

Home stretch of assembly, down to the bottom of the last box. I’ve got two items that are a mystery to me. I bought this car with no front end, just a box of parts from the previous bonnet.

These are in that box… ideas??
Thanks!

Top photo doesn’t look E-type to me, though my car’s a year older than yours. Different bonnet. Bottom pic is the actuating rod for the front license plate tilt mechanism.

Thanks Nick, yes, I don’t know where or what that wired piece is. Not running a front place so I can skip that…but, I’ll add a couple more…

Top ones are bonnet air dams that go over the tops of the inner air tunnels.

Jerry, Geoff, thanks guys, that’s perfect, and makes sense since front bumpers are not purchased yet. The air dam things, I would never have figured!

The part with the wiring looks like a neutral safety switch. Never seen one for a Jag, but if you said it came from any car, that’d be my guess.

Thanks Mitch, I built a 72 mach1 last year, and swapped in a top loader 4 speed for the auto box. I’ll bet that just found its way into my jag bonett box somehow.

The parts assembly diagrams on SNG Barratts website is also a good source to identify parts.

True, they sent me a couple quite large parts books this year. They are great if you know what you are looking for. my problem is I had parts, and I didn’t even know which end of the car they were from…or even from an e type.! Plus the crew on this site seems to be able to assemble one in the dark under heavy fire.

1 Like

Just curious but what is part “E”. Is it even an E Type part (pun unintended). Obviously too much time on my hands from leaving Palm Springs & arriving back home watching the snow melt (Winnipeg).

Oh, that’s got to be sobering… no one has yet identified my “e” …type? It may be another lost soldier from another project…
As far as that goes, even having been told where parts “b” go, I’ll be damned if I can find a place for them.

OK, I’ll look closer. And use sealant.

You might find them easier to identify on this picture.

A-ha! I see now. What is their purpose? Blocking wheel well debris from accumulating forward?

Nope. It is to collect muddy water and rust out the tops of the air tubes so that old guys have something to do on weekends:) Seriously it is probably for what you suggest.

It must be the pic, but it looks like your stone guard is 8" too far rearward!

Had to out to the shop with a flashlight. There is a pair already installed on the new bonnet. Glad I don’t have to try and get those in there now.

If you figure out how to get those things back in after the bonnet is assembled let me know.