Toe-in on 150 with radial tyres

What is the general opinion here?
I know that garages in England like to alter theCaster and Camber values on cars running radials (rather than using the Original values when all cars left the factory with cross plies).

Generally, radials run better with close to zero toe: that assumes everything is in top-notch shape. I run ~1/64th toe-in on my cars.

I now have 1mm/0,04” with radials. Steering is a bit heavy al all speeds. Road holding is good.

In my experience running 1/64 to 4/64" with radials works well. At 8/64" = 2/16" = 1/8" there is some radial squeal on braking.

If the steering is heavy when changing from one tire to another, one contributor to heaviness is tire patch on the ground. If the tire has a wider footprint than original design, steering will be heavier. There is a lot of variation in tire width available these days. I have found the Stahl Sport Radial 6.50R16 has a similar footprint and steering feel to the Dunlop RS5 cross-ply tires I had been using for more than a decade (and which are no longer available).