Tool kits...what years

What years had the tool kits…xjs

Gee, I think all years had tool kits, at least up until the facelift. The kit itself changed a bit over the years, though. I don’t see the special spark plug wrench in your illustration. My jack and lug wrench looked just like those, though.

My car had Dayton wires on it when I got it, which had SS lug nuts that galled up the lugs. I replaced the lug nuts with a chrome set from AutoZone, they looked a lot nicer and didn’t gall up my lugs, but the hex was a different size than OEM. Which meant I needed to carry a different lug wrench.

I have one of the carpet Jack and bits bag in my 93, but I don’t remember there being wrenches in it

yes I have the jack parts in the bag made of carpet too…the parts manual shows this tool kit…must be an earlier version…my 1988 has lattice wheels(which I like) and I believe the wrench is 22mm…I bought a long socket just so I could use my old fashioned Mongomery-Ward torque wrench to make sure of the 75 lb pressure…if you don’t tell the tire people they will throw on a 100 lbs.

1 Like

Or more; air impact wrenches can go up to 450 lb/ft!
My ‘88 had just the jack parts in the carpet bag. I bought the car second-hand, and every other piece of literature was there, so I suspect that the tool kit would have been also if it had come with one.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree! When I had my tires done on my XK8 I wanted to make sure they were on right due to some vibration, and I needed a 3ft pipe on my half inch breaker bar to get the lugs loose, and I’m a big guy!