Tool Pouch in Boot

List:
The 73 XJ6 was delivered with a jack in a canvas like bag that is stored in the boot. There is a cloth flat belt like device attached to the side wall of the boot at both ends. The belt is bolted to the boot side wall. I don’t understand how the bag attaches to the belt.

Can.someone tell me how this belt works

Lou,
Attached is a picture of what I do with that tool retention strap in my Series III 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas.

Paul

I stored the jack elsewhere and purchased a new canvas bag that I filled with useful tools, all from the local hardware store.

1 Like

Thank you Paul and Kris. It looks like one of the two metal hooks hangs from the hanger on the exhaust side of the car and the other hook hangs off the first hook.

I am jealous of the carpeted boot. Series one are vinyl.

Lou

Series 1 XJ-12’s are carpeted

The one in my base 83 is black vinyl. Contains a nice scissors jack and handle. Used a couple of times on non Jaguar stuf!!!

1. Support the garbage disposer while I engaged the bayonet type fastener. Arms not what they once were. Decades go, I swapped one in and held it with one arm and secured it with the other!!

2. One of the shelves in my shop was sagging. Loaded with “big boy toys”… A couple of short type saw horses, a plank and the Jaguar jack and I cranked it up and rebraced it with more wood and screwed in with the drill driver.

3. Knock on wood, no need for using the jaguar jack to jack up the Jaguar, so far!!!
    Carl