Torsion bar splines

would anybody know if the Splines particularly the rear splines are the same from series 1&2 as the series bars .

1 Like

[quote=“ESXKE, post:1, topic:387044”]
splines are the same from series 1&2 ??
[/quote]Well they both have the same part # in XKs catalogue!!

they do ?

am I missing something? even the uprated 1/2 bars dont have same.

Not sure what you’re asking. Do you want to know if S1/S2 are the same? Yes. Or do you want to know if S3 are the same? No. Or do you want to know if front and back are the same? No they aren’t. It wouldn’t be as useful if they were the same.

So here is my reason , I can purchase the torsion bar brackets for series 1&2 bars , and I believe the splines on the 1& 2 bars are same diameter & 25 tooth as on my early series 3 . I want to make my own jd 43 tool… done the turnbuckle thing before but would just like to build my own tool with a nice adj.
tb bracket

Well why don,t you go look at their catalogue yrself.Note I made no mention of uprated and or S3 bars which are different . J.MH

Thanks John , all good I noticed my orig post the 3 was left off , my mistake.

“would anybody know if the Splines particularly the rear splines are the same from series 1&2 as the series { 3 }bars” .

Hello Eric,
The spline is the same. Accordingly, the S1/S2 Torsion Bar Bracket will fit the Rear Spline of an S3 Torsion Bar.

Regards,

Bill

Eric if you are looking to buy some Ser I or II bars let me know, I’ve got a couple of pairs of little used ones that are thicker than stock, that I’d like to sell. moledor@telus.net