Transmission Access to Propshaft

Hello, can someone advise me if there is a cover or moulded rubber bung that fits into a rectangular hole in the top of the transmission tunnel above the prop shaft flange?

I don’t believe that opening is original so there isn’t a factory part for a cover that I know of. It’s an easy part to fabricate though, so just make one and install it.

Ian;
I think the access hole on the top of the transmission tunnel does have a metal cover. Attached by 4 screws in the corners of the cover. It allows access to the prop shaft bolts.
Hope this helps.

Regards, joel.

IIRC, the 2+2 is different than the FHC in that the 2+2 has the rectangular cover Joel mentions while the FHC does not.

In the Series 3, for sure, where the gear shifter comes thru, there is a rubber boot that the shifter fits thru. It purpose was to keep some noise, some fumes, and some heat out of the cockpit. Does a so so job…probably should be replaced more often then they are. Secured by a ring held in place by small screws. Hope this helps. Perhaps they earlier E’s had something similar.

I will add some pictures in case they may help.
I am at a loss as to OTS and FHC differences as compared to the 2+2 which I have.

The silver cover in front of the front seat support is the access hole cover.

These photos show the access hole open and front U joint is visible.

Joel.

Hi Joel,
Excellent that is exactly the answer I was looking for but the aperture in the chassis I have does not have any captive nuts I guess that part may have been replaced at some point with part from another series? this is a 69 2 + 2

Many thanks to all for the information I now can make a cover!