Transmission issues

So transmission doesn’t work after having someone rebuild it, then bring it back?!

Not upshifting when giving it lots of gas could simply be vacuum modulator, which is on the th400. Not sure what your transmission has for that.

Never going into third gear, that sounds like either low on fluid, or transmission wasn’t rebuilt correctly.

V12

Good point. Wasn’t aware there are different transmissions.

Dumb question, can I just update modulator, vacuum hose, change filter and add a shift kit without a total rebuild.
I’m also looking at new gasket and maybe better pan. I hear the gasket is a different shape.
Sorry to hijack thread.

Yes, that’s exactly what i did. No rebuild.

New vacuum modulator not too hard. A bit fiddly working around exhaust pipe.

New vacuum hose, a bit fiddly trying to feed down from above.

Remove pan, gotta deal with that bloody mount. I would buy a new pan with drain plug. I did NOT get extra deep, as it may bottom out on our cars. Same shape gasket (don’t get cork, i got FelPro). I still had to do some re-torquing to stop a leak. Molded steel pans onto aluminum transmission cases, always trouble.

With pan off, it’s not too crazy doing shift kit. Just be very careful with where the little balls go. Take photos, draw diagrams.

Thanks Greg, I am in no way a transmission expert, but I am interested in tighter shifting if I can work it in to the transmission service.
I think I’ve all bit given up on the idea of a manual shift.1