Transmission service

When to do trans service my car has 88000 kms presume not done

If you are at all worried or experiencing any anomalies then get it done, I think the gearbox manufacturers recommend 60000miles anyway so you’re almost there.

Thanks Jim
Its actually silky smooth. I watched a you tube service done home style rather bizzare. It seemed odd that he replaced the pan with intragal filter built into the pan.Is it possible to drop pan install new filter without replacing pan. It was unorthodox filling pan then topping off after warm-up and monitering temp and cycling through gears. It would be nice to flush torque converter as well. I have inclination to do preventative mauntainence upper cam tensioners upgrade as well perhaps water pump. Fortunately soft top pump has been done.
Andrew

As far as I know Andrew, if you buy the kit to do the job the pan comes with it including bolts and gaskets.
Good call on tensioners and water pump though you may also want to think about the thermostat and housing as well.

Thanks again Jim

Your kind assistance is much appreciated. My car is a dream come true classic spec in triple black one owner garage kept. I am a retired Canadian bush pilot just recently grounded as I have been diagnosed with Cancer in my right eye so this is my new bucket list flyin machine. What version of the XK8 are you enjoying?

Andrew

Sorry to here that Andrew, really hope you get through it. My current car is a 5L X150 Portfolio but prior to that I had a 05MY XK8 in Zircon Blue.

Preventative maintenance is essential in keeping these cars tip top but don’t forget the battery. If you don’t have one, I would recommend purchasing a CTEK battery maintainer. It will be the best money you ever spend on the car.:grinning: