Trekhaak zoeken / Looking for a Mk2 trailer hitch

Geachte,

Ben al een paar jaar bezig een Mk2 3.4 van 1967 aan het restaureren , deze loopt op zijn einde. Nu ben ik op zoek naar een trekhaak zodat ik met de caravan ( ook van 1967) op weekend kan. Ik vindt

alleen nergens een trekhaak :frowning: Kunnen jullie me verder helpen. Een (technische) tekening of de nodige afmetingen, foto’s zodat ik hem kan laten maken

zou ook al super zijn. Maar nu vind ik niks terug

Help

Alvast bedankt

@PeterCrespin… is this one of your spoken languages?

In den vroegeren tijd waaren er veel Engelse familien die met hun caravan op verlof ging naar europa (ons familie er bij!). Er waaren zeker wat Jags er tussen met zo’en krachtige motor.

Er was een groote firma genaamed ‘Dixon Bate’ die enorm veel verschilende trekhaak modellen verkochte. In uw plaats zo ik op eBay UK of misschien zelfs op normall Google zoeken voor "Jaguar Mark 2/Mk2/340 tow bar.
Een goede ingeneur kon waarschijnlijk wel iets helemaal nieuw ‘van scratch’ opmaaken. Maar dat kon wel reuzachtig veel kosten denk omdat hij uw auto in zijn werkplaats wat daagen zo noodig hebben (hotels en essence en chunnel voor uw etc.als je in engeland probeerde).

Plezant om mijn plat Antwerps te oefenen! Ik heb het nooit moeten schriven t’huis, natuurlijk, alleen spreken). Spijtig dat er zo veel fouten zijn, mar allez!

Beste wensen
Piet

Hi Peter,

I am sure your advice is excellent & sufficient, (and you may well have advised the OP to do this), but you can use and English to other language online convertor, which are imperfect, but have been sufficient to allow me to communicate with several individuals.

I do not recognise the language or would have done that just out of interest

looks like tow bar on e-bay , needs on to tow caravan to England lol

It’s Dutch. Here’s the result of an online translator.

“Have been restoring a Mk2 3.4 from 1967 for a few years, this is coming to an end. Now I am looking for a tow bar so that I can go with the caravan on weekends. I think only nowhere a towbar ‘frowning’ Can you help me further. A (technical) drawing or the necessary dimensions, photos so that I can have it made would also be great. But now I find nothing.
Help
thanks in advance”

So he wants a trailer hitch for a Mark 2.

Y’all can’t read it? I can decipher most, no idea if he needs a certificate for using it, there is a german seller for trailer hitches with load ratings and certificates, but expensive. And a few jags with trailer hitches, so if an owner has photos he could have it fabricated - and there’s a tech bulletin @George_Camp (no longer on this forum) posted about a few times.
I‘d google a bit. There’s an XJ series 1 hitch on ebay, so maybe there was a mk2 for sale once. Some material can be found, if you keep looking.
Towing an old trailer, cool, for sure!

1 Like

i took a heavy hitch off 420g - extremely ugly and dangerous as poits corroded and cracked anit blocked all rear end access so that even cage was cracked and b…gered. two days of bleeding hands. john

I have removed 2 of the MKX/420G towbars.

A German fellow of this list PM me ages ago, wanting a pic, but I lost his details

It has 2 legs with reinforced plates that bolt thru the boot floor and 2 ears that bolt between the bumper and rear mounts…a true dog of a job to re-install the bumper with the hitch.

I think one of mine has a sticker with load rating on it

I personally would not feel comfortable towing much over 1000kg, but I suspect the rating would be higher

If the OP request, I will post a pic of it

(online translation)
Als het OP-verzoek, zal ik er een foto van plaatsen

Not sure what your point is Tony. Someone asked me to check out a Dutch question, so came here and answered it, because as a kid we spoke it in our house, where we alson read Asterix in French, Suske en Wiske and Tin Tin in Dutch where his name is Kuifje (equivalent to ‘Curly’). We read Max und Moritz, Hans Huckelbein and Struwelpeter in German.

Flemish Belgians often speak four languages - there’s even an adjective for it. It’s cheating in a way to be Belgian or Swiss - the garbage collectors know more about languages than half the Anglo Saxon linguists and then you do your profession on top of that. Here, knowing a language or two IS a profession!

1 Like

Just to clarify, the point was “out of interest”, as stated, and I did note that your answer would be good. I admire the ability to speak more than one language

i can barely mumble in one so i second tony