Trim Fixings XJ6 S3 Sovereign (Australia)

Hi All,
The resto continues. Does anyone know what size the bolts that fix the bottom of the rear back rest to the body are. A PO has removed and not refitted these bolts. I can’t find these bolts in the parts manual even though there is a part number of PFS 125/2B.
Thanks in Advance
Con

Con,

don’t know the size, but it was fairly standard. More important though is the flat tab that fixes the rear seat squab at least in early SII trim - maybe this has changed over time though.

There is a Jaguar fastener chart around in the web, according to which FS stands for “Fine thread” and “Setscrew”. 125 means “hex head”, 1/4" thread dia., /2 is 1/4" length under thread. There are no indications for the initial “P” and the final “B” in your part no. in that chart.

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Thanks for that Jochen, the little flat tab is missing as well I was thinking of making them up from some mild steel flat.
Could n

I think I got a bit lucky on this today. I am changing out my interior for a good second hand one that is not cracked and tearing. Amongst the bits and pieces was a bag of screws and bolts which also had what a pair of screws that looked to be a perfect fit. So, lucky today, wish I had that sort of luck with some of the more expensive parts.

Thanks Again

Con

Con,

congratulations! - Sometimes you’re the windshield …:slight_smile: Now just out of curiosity - could you check whether the screws that you think might fit the bill are about the dimensions I indicated? BTW, I forgot to mention the chart also indicates for a 1/4" fine thread screw 28 TPI (difficult to measure without appropriate tools, I guess) and 7/16" head. It’s just that I’d like to know whether this chart make sense at all.

Good luck with your findings

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Not sure of the tthread but these are in now and I don’t want to take them out as I had a bit of an alignment issue. They were about 25mm long and the first 8mm had no thread on it. sort of an alignment tool built in. Allowed me to find the hole through the carpet before trying to screw it in.The head was 7/16.
Thanks again
Con