Triple SU fuel supply line where to buy?

Hi All
Have all-but finished cleaning the new triple SU manifold and the 3 x converted XK420 SU’s. I do not have the triple SU fuel supply line and can’t find it on SNG’s website. Burlens have a unit but I sold my daughter’s right kidney to purchase the manifold and I fear dialysis will be too confronting for her.
Any ideas on where to source a fuel supply line for the triple SU’s? Alternatively, has anyone made theirs and what parts did you use?
Cheers
Ausjacko

You want a good one for this job. The banjo surfaces must be smooth and true for the banjo gaskets to seal. If you look at the design one banjo is at 90 degrees to the other two. When tightened a stress and misalignment is possible which can compromise the seal and stress the silver solder. Unfortunately I have experience with this issue (now resolved). A nice original may be several hundred USD, but I feel it may be worth it.

1 Like

Here’s one

1 Like

My my, that is one understanding daughter… :slight_smile:

1 Like

HEY!!

She’s got two corneas, right?

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The originals weren’t silver soldered they were brazed.

You could salvage the banjos from whatever and then use rubber hose and hose clamps and T’s to put it all together.

It was reported to me that the one in question, which had some flaws, was silver soldered. I was able to repair it with conventional solder. The seller was more than willing to replace it, but since my repair was just fine I kept the one I had. My opinion would be that an original one is very superior, however.

If you are talking about the metal manifold that accepts the single plastic fuel line and splits it out to the 3 carbies, I bought one from SNG-USA just a few months ago.

Hi All
Thanks for the link and replies. I particularly liked the cornea option- my daughter not so much. Might save those for the interior :wink:
Cheers
Jacko

Eggs, Jack, eggs. The money is in eggs and she has many.

2 Likes

Eggs! My God she is a treasure trove of E-type parts. I never saw her through the lens of a body parts reseller before but…

The goose that laid the running jaguar

1 Like

Fuel line ordered off the auction site- thanks all. Using the part number I found it on SNG and it does a repro for UKP149. That is roughly AUD280

AND… I ran the option of egg harvesting by the daughter. Apparently she cannot sit for too long and so this rules her out for the incubation period required for eggs- who would have thought?
Jacko

Well, the EB purchase did not go well. For some reason related to a ‘restricted item’, EB global shipping program stopped the item from shipping and has ‘apparently’ returned my funds. Shipping has come back but not the actual purchase price-doh!

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

OK, SNG is now showing this as product unavailable. Anyone suggest other options?
Cheers
Jakco

Did you buy it from the ebay link I shared? I’ve bought a number of things from them before. I think his name is John and the business is east coast jaguar. I’d ring them direct outside of ebay and see what can be arranged. I know air traffic to and between some places is restricted. I was looking at a guitar in Japan and the ad said it would take up to two months because it could only go by boat.

I’d contact the shop and tell them you are interested in the part but need to figure out how it needs to be shipped. Then contact a local international shipper and see if restrictions exist and how to get around them.

clearly, you should have had more children.