Triple SU HD8 Set Up for an XJ6 could be used on 420g or Mk X

(Include at least one picture)

Description:Hi,
I know that posting a couple of times and then hawking your wares on a forum is poor etiquette, but I hope someone will thank me for this.
I’d like to sell my triple SU set up from my series 1 XJ6. It’s a 420g or Mk X manifold adapted to the XJ6 engine bay by fitting a 3/8" aluminum plate that is machined at an angle in order to drop the carbs down so the bonnet will close without interfering with the front carb. I believe the thermostat housing was rotated and the filler machined and welded to allow the cap to clear as well. This has been working perfectly with stock thermostat for about 10 years. The carbs were fully rebuilt about 10 years ago with kits from SU and solid floats. It has the ASC and it works perfectly and shuts off pretty quickly as the car warms up. I also have a set of the modern SU pumps and a Pertronix distributor. The filter / plenum is sheet aluminum welded to velocity stacks. I ran an intake and filter inside of the passenger wheel well to get cooler air and keep the intake noise from those triple HD8’s to a minimum.
Unfortunately my car’s body is too far gone and I’m not willing due to time and space constraints to swap my driveline into a better body. It’s a shame since I’ve had it for about 20 years. Living in hot, humid and coastal Miami has done a number on it. Here is a video of the engine running I took the other day.

I don’t know what this is worth. Please shoot me reasonable offers if interested.

Asking price (if selling): open to reasonable offers will make a nice deal for the whole shebang (pumps, distributor, etc)

Contact information: please PM me

Cost of shipping (if selling): I will carefully pack everything and ship for actual cost - I have a Fed Ex account so there’s a bit of a discount

Willing to ship worldwide? Sure

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Mr B
I do not know how to send a private message…I do not think I am allowed to
Maybe you can just call me
Thanks
Mitch. I deleted my number tho my number is on some 50,000 CDS for the last 20 years…Never been an issue…so be glad to disclose…just DO NOT want to offend anyone here…thought I better
better shut up (I should)

Mr B
Thank you…seems I can receive messages but cannot reply
So I got your message…
Thing is…before you send me anything…I assume I will have to pay, thus asking me to pay but I would at least like a call…it takes some transparency and more to build trust…
Maybe I saved myself
Thanks Mitch
Oh. you can go to our website www.roefamilyband.com for your security and curiosity or not

Till
Thank you for calling me…for me, in a transaction involving sending money…especially first…I need absolute full transparency PLUS it seems I can not reply…
Sorry
Mitch