Trying to figure out XJ6C value

Hi
I’ve a 1975 XJ6C in awesome condition and receipt file back to early 1980.
I’m trying to figure out it’s value to potentially sell.
Any ideas ?
It has 80k miles. Zero rust. New 134 ac system and fully operational beaute of a car. The window rubbers could use a refresh and the sunroof doesn’t work. Champagne blue.

Beautiful car. :smiley: :smiley:

No idea of values in US but here in the uk probably anywhere from £20k to £30k

1 Like

Hagerty has an excellent accurate free valuation tool. Here is thier say:

• #1 Concours $36,900

• #2 Excellent$25,600

• #3 Good$14,900

• #4 Fair$7600

#1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is “concours.”

#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is “excellent.”

#3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. “Good” is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.

#4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. “Fair” is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.

Your car appears to be in fair to low good condition.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s a great range :+1:

Thanks. I totally blanked on checking there. Super helpful. Thinking mine is between 2 and 3. :raised_hands:

Yeah, I’d agree with those values, but you could probably lift yours a bit by sorting the sunroof - can’t be that much wrong. And I think most cars’ seals want renewing by now!

1 Like

Good call @Anthony_Richards . I’ll look into it. I was struggling to find the sunroof motor location & replacement seal.

If your car is like my old ex XJ12C, the sunroof does not have a seal. There is a channel/gutter, and the rain just leaks into it, and there’s a drain and that’s it. The motor is in a lump by the rearview mirror. The switch is identical to a series 3 seat adjustment switch.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the interior velour?

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll get on it. Good eye. The previous owner redid the interior in blue velour.

As I understand it, some coupes were factory trimmed in velour also

1 Like

It’s great for the hawaii climate. Feels very 70’s in velour :raised_hands::tada:

1 Like