Tumbler and part needed

Hey Girls and Guys

Has anyone out there used the Tumbler to clean parts I’ve seen them at harbor freight and the price is reasonable but do they work, before I spend any money I would love your thoughts.

Also I need a coup[le of parts for my MKII and hoping one of you guys that has a scrap body can help me I am looking for the two little metal plugs that are in the driver and passenger floor near the sill, they are roughly 1/2 to 3/4 inch with two little tags on, mine have rusted away.

I also need the metal piece that the carpet plastic hold down goes in to, if you have this in good condition could you cut out the floor around it so that I can remove the rest myself.

Please contact me off list for these parts and let me know what you would want for them.

Thanks

Gary

I use a ball mill for cleaning small parts. Works great with ceramic media. Presumably the vibratory ones are just as effective.

Here are some pics.

I’ve written about it a few times in the past:
https://forums.jag-lovers.com/search?expanded=true&q=%40Andrew_Waugh%20ceramic%20media

If you’re referring to a vibratory tumbler, I think they are worthwhile to own. Get the biggest one you can justify (space and money).

I have two blast cabinets–one containing abrasive and the other glass beads. I choose one of these, or the tumbler depending on the parts to be cleaned. The tumbler gets smaller bits, particularly fixing hardware. I use two media–plastic pyramids and walnut shells. There are many other media that I’ve not tried. Ideally, it would be nice to have two tumblers so you need not switch media as often as I have to.