Turn signal frequency

Turn signal frequency: it started on the left side and now the right side is also affected.
the flashing light inside flashes 3 times normally and then twice as fast.

Outside all indicators work correctly.

Where could the problem be ?

Does your car have the side repeaters in the front wings?
If so, the problem is probably a high resistance connection in the bulb socket caused by corrosion

See this -

1 Like

Hi

yes I have direction indicators in the fender.

Iā€™ll disassemble this time are only the sides affected or or the front or rear too?

My only experience was with the side repeater indicator lamps, none of the others

1 Like

Thanks to you for the info. I hope it stays with something like that

Donā€™t forget the rear clusters use two bulbs for the flashers in each assembly (at least mine do)

1 Like

Iā€™ll second Bryans experience, the side repeaters can get crumbly inside and start to play up.

1 Like

If it starts normally and then speeds up - your indicator relay (flasher relay) is gone. If it flashes too quick all the time - itā€™s a light bulb.

FYI No flasher relay on an XJ40.

Omphā€¦ If no relay - then what? Just donā€™t tell me itā€™s called ECU :upside_down_face:

See reply #2 above - itā€™s called a CPU. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. A CPU. Guessing microchip industry nicked that term from Jaguarā€¦ Funny how similar are XJS and XJ40 and how different in the same time. One of them was probably made by weekend shiftā€¦

The computer industry used the term ā€œcentral processing unitā€ as early as 1955. Also, Intel advertised the first single chip CPU in 1971.