Turn signal parts

Ok, even though I knew the parts would fall out, I need to know how they go back in, specially the springs, disc and washer for the headlight flasher. I’m guessing a spring top and bottom and the washer so makes contact.
BTW, I made the brass contact years ago because it was missing, so the spring is not right. It came from a ball point pen, but worked.
Figured this out after driving myself nuts looking for a missing ground. It controls the directional lights on the dash.
NOTE - The contact washer is steel, not copper. That doesn’t sound right. Also, there is a recess on one side of the plastic washer. I don’t believe the washer should go inside the recess because that is what closes the contacts for the headlights. Here is a picture of the flash components. There is a stiffer spring between the top. In which order do they go?

Yikes! maybe this will help.

Servicing_the_Series_One_Turn_Signal_Switch.doc.pdf (1.5 MB)

Thanks! I had this article but could not find it on my computer. It isn’t exactly like mine, for example, I don’t have that plastic wishbone. But the date of manufacture on mine is April, 1966 and my XKE is 1967, so I know it fits. Yes! I needed the order of the headlight flasher springs, plastic and metal disc!

Where did you get the document that shows the step by step disassembly of the switch from the steering column? It isn’t in the Bentley book.

Honestly I don’t recall where I found it but it was posted someplace on the Internet and I saved it during my research into rebuilding and repair of my car’s components.

It looks like it might have been a service bulletin, like the ones that car manufacturers send out to their dealerships. Wow! Wouldn’t that be a wonderful wealth of knowledge if someone had copies of all of those! What vintage car did you restore?

Here is the contact for some pics of the turn signal innards, c/o of David L…https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103828674713622568266/album/AF1QipMeCTmFxjID_9FG_eDXLYZ4Kw4yHkkkOROC2rZM/AF1QipPG0B7sPrJjfAkKXlK-Lv8mqB4jGF7KAJkLLkff?source=pwa&authKey=COe1m96dm7374QE#6261005161557927506

OK, I finally got it back together and it works! Even though the lighter of the two springs goes inside the part with the contacts, it was too much. I cut 20% of the spring off and it works fine. Wonder how it ever worked before?