Twin alternators

Thought I would share my progress.
Nice to remove the smog pump and it’s components. I have added a second alternator which will be routed to its own battery in engine compartment and activated via a bus switch.
Auxiliary Alternator #2 fit well only requiring spacers and some notching of the idler/fan pulley arm as circled in green.
Putting the radiator a

![image|666x500])

1 Like

Wow! Speechless. I couldn’t even start to understand how to make the engine look like a piece of art. And how do you keep it so clean?!

Easy, don’t drive it! However I am sure James dosen’t treat it like a trailer queen.

Thanks gents. Still have 30% more to put back together. It’s a bit dirty here and there. 85% of everything is powder coated. Of the things I had hand painted, I will need to touch up bits but should come together nicely. Btw there is a seller on eBay UK who sells the entire engine decal set for about 30 quid. Everything is of great quality. I will snap a pic once I get them all on.
Yes Robin I drive all my jags. This XJS will drive thousand mile plus road trips when it’s finished. The xk8 driven daily now has 230k miles on it. And the E type is driven even in the rain. You only live once and these cars should be out on the road being admired and being enjoyed.

1 Like

I think you must be a fan of the VW Harlequin cars…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Agreed, my XJR is my daily driver and also for Targa Tours and officiating as one of a few ACOC’s for the last SIlver Fern Rally here in NZ. I have a back up of a S11 1975 and am in the process of recommissioning a ‘65 3.4 ‘S’ that I am converting to 4sp MOD

1 Like

very colorful…wish photos in fixit books were color coded…I plan on driving mine a lot in the summers so lit would be next to impossible to have a real clean engine…gotta give credit it takes time, patience and money to do this stuff.(which I seem to be running out of)

1 Like

Thunderous applause from Africa!

We had a local concourse event. S3 E-type was in a class of its own. Only 1 other car to compete with mine, fresh from full resto. Although mine is still very nice with its resto from 20 years ago, I knew it was no match for the other one. BUT… mine would have killed the other one on the road.

2 Likes

Jagwit1 I bought a series 1 E type last summer and my first drive in it was in the pouring rain. Maybe not a sound choice. Various places of the interior got wet. My lady asked how such an expensive car that seemingly was built to deal with rain(w it’s 3 little decorative looking wipers) can leak from so many places lol. It was great. Still somehow enjoyable.

Could not have leaked more than my Jensen Interceptors… I though I was driving a convertible with the roof down…

1 Like