Two Interesting CraigsList ads

First – not my ads. I just stumbled upon them. This info is current as of 26NOV22

Price reduced Jaguar E-type XKE complete triple SU carb set - $2,400

He was asking $2,600 a few days ago

I don’t closely follow the price on these things but believe they are typically priced closer to $3000 than not. And I don’t know nearly enough to say “how” complete the set is; but there are lots of photos.
Second - not such a nice price but advertised as complete; I think the price is reflective of two words regarding the engine: (1) “Jaguar”, and (2) “XKE”. Se la vie

1962 Jaguar XKE Engine - $12,000

ad does not provide the engine number

That is cheap for the engine even if it needs a refurb !

The su’s …… I’ve seen them in USA for about that money un restored and restored about $5-6 K …… I picked up a set herein Aus refurbed for about us$2000

Wonder what became of the car…?

1 Like

I have a similar setup if anyone is interested that I want to move on.
message me, David

These are they, are they not?

Here’s a restored or at least cleaned up set on Ebay

I like the look of the triple SU’s instead of the two Strombergs but I don’t believe there’s enough to be gained by switching.

In the RPM envelope that is used, 99% of the time by a street XK engine, there is not. They sure are pretty though!

I gave it thought to put on the hot rod, but it would’ve taken even that much more firewall surgery to make them fit.

2 Likes

Sure looks like it – same price - same set of photos

Map shows Walnut Creek, CA. Which is where Bob is located. Thus I assume the Craig’s list advert is legit, without actually contacting him directly.

Hey guys,
Yes both the Craigslist ad and the ad on JL are mine. I’m moving to Annapolis after the first of the year and cleaning out my accumulated spares. This set is complete, and definitely for an E, with the correct downward sloping manifolds, carbs with short necks, and manual chokes. (Many times we see components from the MK10 sets that have horizontal manifolds, tall necks on the carbs, and the electric auxiliary starting carb instead of the manual chokes)

If anyone would like additional pictures of any components to verify condition please don’t hesitate to ask.

I am very interested. please give me more info. David