Upholstery Replacement

pictures I posted at the top of this thread. Even this amount was not quite enough but a good starting point the next car we are trimming I will come slightly closer to the edge and put a few more holes in.

Got the pics thanks Chris,

Havenā€™t had time yet to see if I can use them, or indeed if now to late to catch publication deadline.

Regardless, possibly can use with a later update.

Roger

Roger Payne

8 Beggs Place

MACARTHUR ACT 2904

Australia

Email: rogerpayne@bigblue.net.au

Sorry to have taken a bit long over taking the pics, Roger. I hadnā€™t realised a deadline was looming so imminently!

Cheers,

Chris

Gentlemen: Just spent weeks on the ball bearing seat sliders (Jan '54 120 FHC). Got most of the grit out with ultrasonic shaker. Any recommendations for the proper lube with which to pack the bearing races?
Thanks
martin

I used wheel bearing grease, dabbed it in there with a brush and ran the runners back and forth a bit.

How about Super Lube synthetic grease?

It is colorless (no staining), generally wonā€™t dry out and turn into hardened muck, wonā€™t separate and dribble oil. Has no smell.

John

Hi all,.
With the runners location, I think any grease would pick up carpet fluff, dust, and dropped potato chips (at least in my case). The bearings arenā€™t constantly moving so maybe just a light graphite powder, or even no lubricant at all might be best?

I use graphite powder, too.

Hi Terryā€¦just picking up on this old thread re your post aboveā€¦re seat foamā€¦my xk150ā€¦seats are stripped new foams ready to go inā€¦but what was the result from your next project and making more hole cut outs in the base foamā€¦dilema of how much foam to remove for a comfy seatā€¦all the bestā€¦Steveā€¦Psā€¦did you trim the bottom of the foam to fit the slope of the woobaseā€¦thanksā€¦

just seen sorry and yes on the XK150 seats the bottom of foam needs to be trimmed to clear the tapered wooden block that is on top.

Thanks Terryā€¦i assumed that must be the case so i trimmed the foam to fit the baseā€¦Steve

Interesting. I just got my interior kit for my 120DHC and there is the opening for the shifter. Great quality interior. Just donā€™t know where to start. Where did you start and I assume the top rails have to come off?

Just got mine from BAS for mu '53 DHC and very impressed with the quality and material. Recommend them.