Upper wishbone fulcrum pin shims

Just curious - two questions: firstly, I’m dismantling the front suspension, and am a bit surprised at the number of shims behind the upper wishbone fulcum pin, and also at the rear of the upper swivel ball joint. The rear of the wishbone pivot has a mix of about 9-10 shims, some full length, some half - is this a relatively normal ballpark figure? I have dismantled this entire car and found no evidence whatsoever of accident damage.

Secondly, both the front radius arms (front lower wishbone arms?) have a bend at the front of them. I’m not sure if this is factory or if the car’s been badly jacked on them. The fact that it’s both sides the same makes me wonder…

The number of shims is worth noting but not necessarily what you will end up with. But that is more than mine has.
By front lower wishbone arms, do you mean item 26?
They are supposed to be straight, so it seems likely your car was jacked up on them.

Thanks Rob, some of the shims don’t look very Jaguar so I’m thinking somebody jacked it at the front radius arm (yes, part 26 in the diagram), wrecking the alignment. I really can’t see any chassis damage. I’m particularly surprised that the balljoint shims are all behind the balljoint (top), which is not at all what I’d expect.

Not too bothered about alignment as I have a full set of alignment kit and know how to use it. Now to decide whether to look for replacement lower front arms or straighten the bent ones.

I had maybe up to 3 shims in any one place