Using Factory XJS Parts for Hess & Eisenhardt Edition

I have an '88 XJ-S V12 Hess & Eisenhardt edition, and I have heard that you can use factory XJS parts from non-convertible models of a similar year as replacement parts. Other than for the convertible top and the fuel tanks, if I can source replacement parts from the more abundant factory coupes that would make sourcing a lot easier, but I’m not sure if that’s true or if that would cause the value to diminish. If anyone has good suggestions for parts, please let me know. At this point I’m mainly considering interior replacement parts. Thanks!

I have an 87 XJ-S V12 Hess & Eisenhardt convertible and an 89 XJ-S V12 Coupe. The interior is identical to the coupe except on the console where they added the buttons for the top and the rear windows. The back area on my 87 has a shelf. The 89 has back seats. The top of the back area is remodeled for the convertible top to fold behind flush with the body unlike factory convertibles which don’t fold down flush.

Bob

Super helpful, thanks Bob!

I have an 88 as well. Bob covered it well. Other than the top, hydraulic pump for the top, and the rear window motors, everything can be sourced from a coupe or later convertible (pre-facelift). That being said, the door glass as well as the back window glass is different as well. If you re-do your ski slope, be real REAL careful for your switch bezels for the windows and the top. They are as hard to find as hens teeth! I kid you not.
Good luck! I really love the lines of an H&E.