V.C. Gasket Again!

Wow, look how easy the spark plugs and distributor are to get to! Jealous :frowning:

That hose needs to be checked for blockages, both ways. There is a metal mesh that is held in place by a non-serviceable metal plate that is there to prevent oil from entering your intakeā€¦a splash guard.

If that gets gunked up, maybe when cold, it could create pressures that would force a blowout, although I would have thought your oil cap would allow pressure to escape.

Simply blow on that hose (with the cap off) to make sure there is no resistance. It should feel like youā€™re blowing through an unconnected rubber hose.

Yes. In fact, when I put it back on after the r/r of the gasket the clamp seemed a little loose (actually it had split apart) and so I put a new one on.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons I prefer Superblue over the '95 I had. Although I wish it had the OBD II system like Supercat did. :slightly_frowning_face:

Well, when I inspected and cleaned the cover during the r/r I didnā€™t notice any ā€œmeshā€, but I see now it must be underneath that metal plate that is mounted on the underside of the cover (I wondered why that plate was there - doh!). I wished I had dunked the cover in a solvent tank to clean it properly, but didnā€™t have one handy at the office. :laughing: Thanks again for the info., VK.

Not saying it needed a treatment, just a check. It rather unlikely that itā€™s blocked, but itā€™s a possibility that needs to be, and is easily tested

atty,
what is an OBD II?

The oil cap is visible in the pic above, and it looks just like the one on the V12 ā€“ solid aluminum with an O-ring seal. It ainā€™t allowing nuthinā€™ to escape.

Onboard Diagnostic. II is the second version.

My lumpā€™s 94 Cadillac is at the cross over. An OBD I.

I have a tool. Plug it ion. Run the engine and
read data. Raw data. II interprets to a degree.

Carl

Yes, certainly not designed like a radiator cap in that regard. In fact, Iā€™ve had problems before even getting the cap to come loose. :confounded: