[v12-engine] Bolt-On EDIS Kit For V12s - Any Interest?

The interface does warn you if you are reviving a topic which is older than 180 days. I suspect that many people are in such a hurry to post that they just click this warning away without actually reading it.

1 Like

Read???!? Us? :astonished:

It probably needs to be a bright flashing screen.

1 Like

ā€¦mit eine klaxon!!!

@Ray_Livingstonā€¦ that still a good offer?

I used two EDIS 6 cylinder units, for a V12. Set crank sensors 30 degrees apart.

Shouldnā€™t they have been 60 degrees apart?

60 degrees for 6 cylinders, 30 for a 12. It is developmental, I havenā€™t got it to start yet, I did try 60 1st. Let you know shortly

Mark

Ok, I offset the 1st sensor 60 degrees from the -1 notch, but I offset the second pulse sensor 30 degrees from the 1st. Correct? It seems both 6 cylinder set ups would fire at the same time, if sensors were 60 offset,

And that very ignition system now lives in Switzerland: it was the best mod I ever made to Tweety!!!

But a complete cycle is 720 degrees. A 6-cyl has a power pulse every 120 degrees, while a 12-cyl has a power pulse every 60 degrees. Thatā€™s why the banks are 60 degrees apart.

1 Like

Ahh yes, and you are soooo right! Spent a day making a 30 degree sensor bracket, and now going back to the 60. Determined pulse gear eccentricity was missing pulses! Got a real one ordered, was using a sprocket with the teeth ground down some. Hey, your input was really very much appreciated! I pride myself in doing the math, but messed up on this one! Thank you very much, and happy new year! Mark

Mark, what did you do to ensure the SAW pulse was correctly phased relative to the PIP pulse for the 2nd EDIS unit?

I found that not correcting the SAW phase ā€œworkedā€ up to about 2000rpm, but then the b-bank spark timing defaulted to 10degBTDC.