[v12-engine] V12 Injectors

Roger Bywater is the ECU outmost expert.
SD Faircloth the Fuel Injection outmost expert. I don’t think that anyone has seen and serviced as many V12 injectors as he.

I did three sets of these injectors during the second half of 2020. 36 total injectors. The flows below are after having been ultrasonically cleaned. Injector for the pre-HE engine. Bosch 0280150035.

August 2020 average 369 cc/minute at 2 Bar, full open
Sept 2020 average 367 cc/minute " "
Nov 2020 average 368 cc/minute " "

These flows using N-heptane as the flow medium. For gas…add +/- 3%.

I posted on J/L maybe a week ago on one of the forums (forgot which) that much of the data floating around on the net is copied from others, and then recopied, on and on. Much of the error caused by someone quoting a flow rate without giving a pressure or an inaccurate pressure.

Another problem that routinely occurs is the variation in the mfg spec flow and actual flow in the vehicle, which usually has a different pressure. For example. The Jag HE injectors 0280150161, 2
are rated by the mfg. at 3 Bar pressure and have a flow of +/- 212cc/minute full open. In practice…in the HE engine using a 2.5 psi regulator, the flows are 190cc/minute full open. That is a prime example of how the data gets wonky…on the internet. Cheers SD Faircloth

1 Like

Many thanks for that clarification.