Value of 1971 XJ6 Doors and Fenders

List:

Would anyone hazard a guess on a fair value of 1971 XJ6 doors, with interior vinyl, front, and rear, with power windows, also front fenders? They have some minor surface rust. I have parts from a 1971 XJ6 that I disassembled years ago but never used. I need to make some space in the garage.

Thanks
Lou

Hi Lou, In Western Australia, I recently bought a set from a 1973 for $400 Aussie the lot. They had no vinyl and manual winders. I wanted power winders but felt that these were worth it even though I really wanted only one door. They have some filler in them but hardly any rust.

Thanks Gary, I am a little surprised at such a reasonable price. But maybe there aren’t that many series 3 around these days and therefore a limited market.

Regards

Lou

Lou, I forgot to mention that the vendor had front fenders at $100AUD each, hood $250 and boot lid $150, all from a car he said came from South Africa. The body shell was available also with no noticeable rust. There are not a lot of Series 1’s around now. Vendor was pleased to sell as he had moved onto a Series 3 that has most of the work done. Buyers have to be very lucky to come by doors with correct locks, paint colour, vinyl with matching colour and of course winders. We take what we can find.

the value of parts is incredibly subjective

if someone lives close, has space, and needs them, and they match…all so very good

if your own place is like a junkyard, the Mrs is on your case etc etc…I have no option but to insult sellers with lowball offers

Parted out a International D1100, ended up threw away 10 good doors when I moved sheds…not long after a bloke was desperately chasing some…I was kind enough to not make mention, but was hurting inside.

(It had a disc braked Dana 60 rear, could have sold 100 of them! )

I would ask $150 per item

Lou,

Do the fenders have the 1971 leaper emblem? I need the emblems to finish off my 1971.

Michael;

I am not certain. My recollection is that they are there, but in poor condition. I will pull therm out next time I am at the garage and let you know.

Lou

Michael:

I was in the garage today. One is missing entirely and the other is in poor condition.

Sorry
Lou

By coincidence I was just looking at mine today. The part numbers are BD35865 and 66. They are available new. EverydayXJ.com might have some used ones.

Thank you for looking sir.

I sent them an email to confirm. Thank you Robert.