Value of 1997 Jaguar XK8 99,400 miles and where to sell it?

Hello – this is my first foray here. Does anyone know the value of 97 xk8 convertible with 99,000 original miles? The exterior is pristine, interior has a little wear around driver’s seat and steering wheel. Excellent mechanical condition with a few quirks (the passenger’s seat won’t recline but is still comfortable; the ABS and system check light goes on but there is nothing wrong with the brakes or the system; needs new ac condenser and new glass for interior rear view mirror) New transmission in 2009. One owner since 2001. No accidents. Garaged. Maintenance records, original handbook. Beautiful car. Only selling it because I moved to the city and don’t need 2 cars. Dealer offered $1000 on trade in. Advice???

My suggestion is to go on Kijiji or Bring A Trailer and see what the prices are for similar cars. If the timing chain tensioners have been replaced, it would be good to advertise that. Since it is a convertible; has the hydraulic fluid for the top been replaced?

When the ABS is non-functional the brakes work fine; you just don’t get the anti-skid/ traction control function. Get a mechanic to read the codes; that will give you an idea abought what is wrong and what it would cost to fix it.

I would suggest fixing the mirror. When shopping for a car, it is those type of things that turn me off it rapidly.

What is the other car? If it is not a Jag sell it.

Where are you located

Northern New Jersey/NYC

Thanks, am located in CA. Good luck selling your machine,??s have the timing chains (upper and lowers) been done? Also major service on the transmission, and Hydraulic service on the Hood. Best, JW

The dealer is obviously ripping you off
I recently purchased a 97 xk8 with 160km,for more $
would be great if you would sell me yours