Valvoline Oil Video

Just saw a YouTube video released by Valvoline oil. It was a little shocking to see the buildup inside the engines! Comments PLEASE!

Richard

Regular oil has a lot of different weight molecules in it and they precipitate out in your engine. Paraffin wax also is in the mix, I have seen the inside of an engine caked in it when cold, it will melt and flow with the engine hot, also it cokes up when it really gets hot. Synthetic oils are much more resistant to it, remember the Mobile 1 commercial where they fry both regular and synthetic on a pan and the regular turns into tar!
I had a twin turbo Alfa GTV-6 and started using Mobile 1 back in 1991, my Alfa mechanic pulled the heads for a mod and was amazed at how clean the inside of the block was, also we sent both turbos off to get new bearings and the shop could find no wear on them, it was the first turbo he had ever worked on that was run with synthetic. He stated that turbos were usually completely coked up, he had never heard of Mobile 1 but stated he was going to recommend it.
Also Chevron Techron gas really helps with the valves.
Dan
The first thing I do when I get a car is switch to a full synthetic.
Even in my 67 E that had about 37k when I bought it.

This is a known problem that is not going to be solved by changing the oil on a Direct Injection Engine. On port injection engines the petrol washes the oil deposits off the inlet tracts.
That’s why manufacturers are now going to both port and direct injection.
I call BS on this.

I agree with the choice to go full synthetic. The cost premium is so small, I’m not sure why anyone not intending to keep their car for a long time would continue to stick with conventional.

Amazon and Walmart regularly sell name brand synthetics for $26/5 quart jug! I’m sure conventional is sold for about $18, but I think you probably break even after considering change intervals?