Vapor Canister Access Panel

I have been searching for hours. Can someone tell me the part number or part name for the Access panel which covers the Vapor Canister in the LH wheel well. It seems to be missing on my '91 XJS. I suspect that I will have to fabricate something because I am having such a difficult time finding the part description, part number or illustration online. Please advise. Thanks!

Patrick,
I have a set from a 94 if it does you any good.
Steve

Hello Patrick - not near my 91 prefacelift coupe at the moment to look at my car, but try looking at SNG Barret or Jaguarlandroverclassic.com or jagrepair.com to find some parts pics which might help you - Tex.

I was thinking in the pre-facelifts it is in another location … (?) Might be wrong on that, though … :confused:

I am not sure how to attach a photo on this forum. Have a look at this picture. It shows the panel I am missing. it is the panel below the headlight access panel.

The picture posted fine.
My opinion is you would be faster resolved by fabricating from sheet metal or a plastic. Trying to find “the part” could take a bit, and most likely will be through someone breaking a car for parts. So do your own fabrication to seal up the hole, and if you later find the part you can decide on which solution to stay with.

Thanks Jim, This is the conclusion I have arrived at after posting this question. I can use the panel from the RHS as a template and cut the part from some type of plastic.

Patrick, the part number for the RHS spoiler or fender baffle is BAC 4350.I have searched for the LHS part on line but had no luck. The BAC 4350 has been discontinued, so presumably so has the LHS piece.
You would have had to dig deep to afford what the vendors want for a piece of plastic, so you are much better off making something yourself!

Right and left side are not mirror images of each other, if i recall.

Your best bet is put a post on classified. Lot of people break down XJS’s for parts.

Contact Jag Heaven in L.A., I’m sure they have more than a few in their wares.

Search “Jaguar XJS fender baffle” on Ebay.

I see one listed for $35.

Knowing the correct name was the trick. Thanks for the info!!!

1 Like