VCM guide for dummies

I’m searching some guide to use this computer, I didn’t find in this community…but maybe I’m searching bad :open_mouth:
I want use it and understand the sense of some button, like that little wheel under the left of the steering…or the little red led under the the left of steering…maybe after market allarm?
Sometimes when I turn off the car I listen some repeated sound. 5 or 6 allarm sound…what is this?

IIRC the thumb wheeel is for the dimmer controlling the dash lights, red LED probably after market.
No idea what the sound is, record it and post it on the forum.

I think a warning sound occurs if you turn off the ignition when the gear-shift lever is not in ‘PARK’.

Max …

“!I’m searching some guide to use this computer” … search no more. Here are the
instructions for the VCM and the trip computer taken from the owners manual:

mmm…Bryan I tried but made the same with P and the light in dashboard instruments does not change when I turn around that button…Can I attache the sound file?

Max,

I cannot recall if my Jaguar did it, but on my current Range Rover, if I open the driver’s door with the key still in the ignition I get a warning ‘beep’ sound. Could that be what you hear?

Can’t explain why that ‘thumb wheel’ under the dash does not alter the instrument lighting intensity - it did on my car.

Don’t know how to post a ‘sound file’ - but would that really help? A warning ‘beep’ is a warning ‘beep’, whatever the source. :slight_smile:

maybe for that light there is some fuse…I don’t know if that is a normal warning (it sounds withe doors cloused and motor off) but I attach as pdf you must only rename21 set, 19.02.pdf (119.6 KB)
as .mp3 :smiley:

It’s true…that sound there is when I have level in N with door opened…turn off immediatly when I change in P…

Max,

So the mysterious sound problem solved?

Sure Bryan…now the car is in hands of mechanic! The fuel pump made a bad rumor and sometimes stopped so we are changing and we are making all thinks you spoken about, stay tuned I write all after some days :smiley: