Very high oil pressure cont

Tried this, new sender, that a friend didn’t need.
It stays up at max from cold start to driving, to idle afterwards. I have checked the op with a manual tester, and it is very good.
My previous one shows 10-15 at idle when warm, which I don’t like. But tge manual tester showed 25.
Just anothet new, bad part from SNG!?!

Sender and Gauge must be a match, probably this gauge does not belong to the sender you are using.

Pretty clear.

But, that sender seems to be bad for whatever it should fit.

Seems full ground. Variable ohms is the signal used to measure OP.

I have an after market SUN PRO. Nice unit.
It has two means of connection. differing ohms to match whatever.

Test? Air pressure that can be adjusted and the VOM Does it respond or stay at max ground…

Or just toss it It does not suit the purpose…

That label looks suspiciously like an SNG parts label. Maybe you could backsolve the p/n on their website

If it’s a Smiths sender intended for a 60 PSI gauge, it should have “60PSI” engraved on it. If it’s for a (later) 80 PSI gauge, it will bear the engraving “100 PSI.” I can tell you from experience that they don’t mix and match, but I don’t recall which mismatch causes low reading and which causes high. IMHO.

When I purchased my 1967 Mark 2 in 1989, it came with a 80 PSI oil gauge, (probably lifted by the PO from a later E type) which seemed strange to me since Mark 2 cars only came with 100 PSI oil pressure gauges on early cars, followed by 60 PSI gauges for later cars. One day, at a British car parts store, in a basket labeled “all parts as is, not for Mark 2”, I found a 60 PSI gauge for just a few dollars. I decided to take a chance , bought it, and fitted it in to my car. I also replaced the oil pressure sender with one designated for later Mark 2 cars. The result: during the first few minutes of driving with the engine cold, revving at 3000 RPM, gauge read just over 40 PSI. Minutes later, once the engine was warmed up, gauge read somewhere between 20 & 30 PSI at 3000 RPM. I decided to use that number as a ‘benchmark’ that the car was running as it should, since I had the engine completely rebuilt when I purchased the car, it runs smooth, acceleration is good, and on long trips in overdrive, it achieved great fuel consumption figures as high as 22 miles per gallon. These gauges are fine for ‘general’ figures, but by no means are they to be relied upon for complete accuracy.

Yesterday I changed the sender for another one I had in my spares. This one is EXTREMELY slow in all respects. Eventualy clumbs to 44 at cold idle. Stays at 37 when hot, and barely moves in respinse to rpm changes. I thunk it sat at 30 at hot idle.
As if it had molasses instead if engine oil inside!!

As you can tell, I’m not the only one to reach the same conclusion regarding the inaccuracy of these items. Now that the ‘benchmark’ has been set, at least I can enjoy viewing the proper ‘looking’ 60 PSI gauge on my car instead of the incorrect 80 PSI which was there when I purchased the car.

You need to test with a known good mechanical gauge first.