Vinyl (plastic) covering for Mk2 instrument panel

Perhaps my research skills are starting to fail but I could not find an answer.
Is there a source for the black textured vinyl or plastic cover that goes over the instrument panel in the Mk2? The regulars do not list it and I cannot find a part number in the parts catalog

thanks in advance
george
Cincinnati OH

Have a look on e-bay , black leather cloth , there is lots of diffrent grain !

Id be surprised if OSJI didn’t have it.

Hi George, talk to these guys:
http://www.worlduph.com
Regards,
Jim

1960 Mk2 did not have any covering, just matte black paint.
john

Found this on the etypeuk site. No experience with it but you may want to look into it.

And this from the Martrim site.

The material was Rexine Leathercloth, a fabric impregnated with cellulose nitrate, camphor oil, pigment and alcohol, and then embossed to look somewhat like leather.

George

I bought my material from Martrim in the UK.
The Vinide Leather Cloth they sell seems very close to the Rexine that I remember from my youth. I installed it on my Mark 2 and it looks very nice.

I have a piece 23" X 24" left over which I will sell you for $10 + shipping. If you wish, send me a PM with your contact info.

Sorry about the picture resolution but its the best I have right now while the car’s in winter storage.

Bruce
.Dash Panel

I want to belatedly thank everyone for their response to my question about recovering the instrument panel in the Mk2, especially Bruce for his offer. I went to my old storage unit and found a vinyl cover from another instrument panel that appears to be serviceable. At least it is better than the one I have.

george
Cincinnati OH

1 Like