Virtual car show today! What did you bring?

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

I ain’t got much!

The original Rover! Circa 1977.

1 Like

Jaguar XK120 FHC
I had the honor of being invited to Amelia Island earlier this month! I would post some of my photos but this young lady did a much better job of it than I.

1 Like

Very cool.

This one. What will be my second '120. A BHCC find that I’m awaiting delivery on. Numbers matching early one with a build date of about March/ April 1950. 670236. A real time capsule. From the estate of a Sheboygan, Wisconsin dentist since '74. I’ll post a little more in the weeks to come after it arrives. Sorry, picture isn’t the best.

5 Likes

Notice the rear spats over spokes with knock offs.

1 Like

Love that gray! Looks good!

Thanks…that was the original color according to JHTC.

I’ve always like that color combination. Great looking car.

1 Like

Warning, this thread could get endless.

PICT0003
Good idea BTW. Its snowing here and I’m doing my taxes.

1 Like

Love the color also. Dove grey? Did you modify the spats yourself or are they commercially available?

There was a TR3 on hand but not enough room for a 3 car garage!

Gordon

The color is called Battleship Grey. The spats were a Jaguar option at that time…I understand there were only 14 built by Jaguar. Notice that they are not flat but subtly follow the body curves.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s not how much you’ve got, it’s the quality that counts. Just love P6s. There used to be hundreds of them around here. But - what are the two white scoops on the bonnet? Never seen those before.

1 Like

Back in '77, fuel was going through changes, such that the Reid vapor pressure, at my altitude (1600 m-up) made the car vapor lock at 20C ambient… higher was even worse!

I cut holes under the scoops, and yarn-tested them to see that they would draw out hot air.

It helped. A little.

I can see the local girls swooning now. And that light bar on the roof, you could spot a jackalope at 1,000 yards!