Virtual car show today! What did you bring?

Ready to install the 3.8 back into XK150 FHC a couple weeks ago, new liners, pistons and bearings; runs like a top now!

2 Likes

That was just long enough to get the massive amount of footwell work done and have since been taken off completely for disassembly ,sanding and painting. The lower driver side rail was bent from a previous owner (@#$%^&%) so she’ll need some tough love anyway
to bring her back to par. The engine has been rebuilt from the block up, the gearbox has been refurbished and the IRS is just about finished. I’ve gutted the interior, covered her in soundproof mat and have been slowly remaking the carpets in a burgundy color and
interior with burgundy leather hides I’ve been hoarding for a few years. The trunk is done the same and she’s almost ready to add the new wiring harnesses. I’ve just about run out of parts to clean and polish so I’m starting to see a glimmer of light at the
end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Totally Rebuilt/Restored Original XK120 3.5L Engine refitted to Chassis #677556 after removal Forty Five Years ago!!

Chas.

2 Likes

Gotta love the painted wires on the 120 FHC. If you have any friends there with bulging wallets I could offer them a black one, also RHD, to come driving with you.

I bought this beautiful Bug few months back thinking of restoring it someday.

COVID helped to speed things up

Rest is in boxes… If the lockdown continues like this, I will have a car ready by summer!.. :wink:

Tadek

2 Likes

Charles:

Looking good!

Chris.

Chris;
Thank You, kind sir… Still more to do! ;-}
Charles #677556.

A 1958 Frogeye was the first car I restored in 1975 whilst still a dental student in London. It cost me £50, and was earlier than yours, having the lift-the-dot fasteners across the top of the windscreen. I remember that when i bought it, it had been fitted with fibre glass complete sills. There was a jack in the footwell which you had to use if you wanted to shut the doors - as soon as you opened one, the whole car sank in the middle by a couple of inches.

1 Like

I LOVE to see an XK brought back…!!

Nick;
Grab some tools, work clothes and your sleeping bag and you can help me put the jigsaw puzzle back together ;-}
Seriously, I’ll try to post some photos as “serious progress” happens…
Charles #677556