Wahlsen headlight conversion

New member, but S3 E type owner 28 years. Trying to find spare headlight covers. Did the conversion some 15 years ago. Love them and would like to acquire spare set. Have contacted Stefan Wahlsen regularly, but unable to secure.
Can anyone offer options. roderickharron@gmail.com. Thanks in advance Rod

I know that @MarekH on this forum makes a really nice looking kit (or at least at one time). Jeff S,

Dear Rod,

I can make a set. They’ll be similar but different, but ought to be a like-for-like drop in replacement. Why won’t Stefan supply a set if you a customer of his?

kind regards
Marek

1 Like

Hi Merak,
Thank you for responding to my email.

I honestly don’t know. Stefan personally did a great job fitting them originally. Also about ten years ago the garage door tapped and broke one lens, Stefan immediately supplied and sold me a spare. But the last few years, including earlier this year, though very cordial, kept telling me he was developing a better product which is not quite ready yet, In fact some years ago a friend liked the look of my E S3 conversion so much, he also bought a kit from Stefan for his E S3. I just would like to have a set in reserve.
If your lenses are the same size as Stefan’s, could you give me some information on production timeline and cost?
Thanks Rod
roderickharron@gmail.com

They are the same size. I can make some at the tail end of this week. Price is GBP125 per side plus postage.

kind regards
Marek

Hello Marek,
Thank you for your email. I would like to order a lens for each side.
I am presently in the USA, however, if you can email me your address and an estimate to send them to a London address, I will post you a cheque. Once cleared you can then move on with production.
Please let me know if this works for you.
By the way, I received an email from Stefan this morning, saying sorry, but he has been given notice to vacate by the landlord, so will not be in production until he is able to find suitable new premises…
Thanks Rod Harron

1 Like

Probably time to complete this conversation using the Private Messaging facility of Jag-Lovers, as commercial transactions are “discouraged” on the open forums. It will also allow you to keep things like email addresses private from the big bad watching world …

1 Like

Thank you David, Rod

Riiiiiiight…cuz we know they cannot see private messages…:slight_smile:

David, please could you forward my email address to Marek so we can conclude our interaction.
Thanks Rod

Rod-

If you click on the magenta colored “M” by Marek’s post, it will pull up his profile, which will have an option to “message.” Click that and you can type a private message to him. I think there’s a minimum number of posts before you can message someone, but that number is pretty small, so you should be able to do so.

1 Like

Thank you Jeff, I am in contact with MarekH now. Rod

1 Like

Old thread but need to get a few posts under my belt. Looking at purchasing my first XKE and love the look of covered headlamps. MarekH - are you still making kits? If so, any chance you can PM me with information about cost and installation? Apologies as I’m new to the forum so my PM function is not enabled. Thanks!

Welcome!

@MarekH is how you ping someone: clicking on their avatar, and then sending a private message is another way.

Thanks Paul!