Wanted 4.2 L crankshaft

Wanted Crankshaft for 4.2 L XK engine, bearing surfaces should be good shape. Willing to ship to Canada
Rebuilding engine after main bearing failure
Please PM with pics and price wanted and I will respond asap

Contact information:

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Out of interest the going price is around £1500 here in the UK for a good 4.2 crankshaft not many around very hard to get hold of.

Your better off buying a engine , like this , sale the parts off you don’t need , chances are the crank would end up free , pounds in if it don’t need a re grind !

Then again there is loads on e-bay !!

Mark,
I may be able to help you with a 4.2L crankshaft. The #6 rings in my 1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas failed and I removed and replaced that engine with a nicely running engine from my 1986 XJ6 parts car. Repair of the failed rings/engine is beyond my capability but I can dismantle it to sell the good parts.

I won’t be able to get to dismantling the engine for pictures until next week. I will send you a PM with pictures and details. I will ship it to Canada but wonder about how to ship such a large and heavy component. Would a 4.2L crankshaft from a 1987 Series III XJ6 suit your needs?

Paul

I think it might I will check first

If you ship by UPS or Fedex then it can be shipped to a UPS store in Niagara Falls NY
I can pick it up from there [quote=“Jag1969, post:1, topic:374062, full:true”]
Wanted Crankshaft for 4.2 L XK engine, bearing surfaces should be good shape. Willing to ship to Canada
Rebuilding engine after main bearing failure
Please PM with pics and price wanted and I will respond asap

Contact information:

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.
[/quote]

So far what Ive checked, I think they are the same. The crankshaft should fit my late series 2 e type engine.

Mark,
I just checked my Jaguar Parts Catalogues and the S2 E-Type 4.2L crankshaft is C23521/1 and the SIII XJ6 4.2L crankshaft is EAC6719.

So they are different part numbers, but I have no idea if the SIII XJ6 crankshaft will work or not in your S2 E-Type.

Paul

The crankshafts are the same ,the part numbers are interchangeable , I checked with one of the regular parts co.’s

Cranks are dimensionally the same: rear seal surface is different.

Paul,

Thank you for that helpful information.

Mark,

I will send you a PM so we can work out the details there now that it appears that my SIII 4.2L XJ6 crankshaft will work in your S2 4.2L E-Type engine.

Paul

Good morning,
I am located in Edmonton, Alberta and I do have a excellent 4.2 crank for sale, it came out of a S-type 4.2 engine. The crank is been checked by a machine shop and the main and rod journal’s are polished and still STD.
I can send you some photos if you are really interested and a shipping quote if you are willing to gave me your address.
Looking forward to your replay.

Bert

Yes I am very interested

I am in Edmonton often so won’t need shipping

How much would you consider for the crank?

Thank you for contacting me

Mark

Mark,
I would like to have $1,000.00 (one Thousand) for it.

Bert

Sorry that is way out of my price range !!

You can have my late model one, for shipping!

It’ll be a bit before the engine is completely torn down, though.

It’s ok I found another one

Mark

Mark,

If this is to much, wake up out of your dream world, this is for a STD crank an extremely reasonable price.

Bert

How about not insulting folks?

Dear sir,

This was not intend as a insult it is just the reality