WANTED: Blaupunkt Frankfurt US Stereo

I am looking to buy a Blaupunkt Frankfurt US Stereo as was found in a lot of imports in the 70’s for my SIII E Type. If you have one on the shelf and no longer use it I would like to offer to buy it.

Thanks,
Steve

Contact information: PM me through JL

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Hi, How about a Becker Europa (working condition unknown) that may be from the early 70’s? I also have a Blaupunkt, but I think it’s from the early 60’s (also working condition unknown). Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for reading my post and taking the time to let me know what you may have available.

Actually I was looking for a later model(stereo). It seems that the 60’s and early 70’s were almost all mono and the few stereo models from those times didn’t perform very well for FM stereo(main interest). The late 70’s and early 80’s were much improved. Considering the cost of vintage vs new, I’ve come to the realization that it doesn’t make sense for me to choose vintage unless I can find the very model I’m looking for. That would be the 6 button Frankfurt Stereo US model.

Happy New Year,

Steve

If you can’t find what you need, try ChromeLondon, www.chromelondon.com. Not my company but I work with them a lot supplying and upgrading the British made radios. The contact there is Mike Seer. Hope you can find what you’re looking for.

Thanks, I have checked out their website. Nice selection. Could be an option.

Eric,

THANKS for posting the link for historical audio! I have several of those radios listed on my shelf. It gives me reference as to their value. I just sold a Blaupuntk Frankfort that was in mint condition for $700.00! It was given away compared to the link’s asking price!

Richard

Some of the early Blaupunkt and Becker radios are very rare and command huge prices now. However, value is very model specific. Even the early British radios, Radiomobile 100, 4200 & 200X which were factory fit in XK120 -140 will be not far off GBP1k for restored ones. They are getting very hard to find.

Sad but true. :frowning: >20 characters

I know this is an older post and also for E Types but thought I’d throw out a radio related item. I have a Blaupunkt AM/FM/SW push button radio that has the separate 6-12V +/- ground power supply. It was working when I stored the car in 1977 and actually took it out and stored it in a closet at home so it wouldn’t get pilfered out of my warehouse by one of the contract laborers we used. I actually got some SW radio reception one night when I was just fooling around with it ;-)!
I’m not doing a concours restoration so will be using a vintage look but modern radio.
I’m not sure where to post this, not familiar enough with the site, no problem if someone does move it to where it belongs as someone might need it if they are going strictly original. It did seen to be original to the XK150 when I got it in non operating state in 1974

Hi Jim,
Thanks for making it known that this is available, even though it’s not the model I’m looking for, perhaps it will interest someone else. I’m still on the hunt for a Frankfurt US Stereo.

Hi Steve,
The Blaupunkt Frankfurt was and still is very popular with the Porsche group. I often see the US Frankfurt advertised in the 914 site in the parts forum, www.914world.com .
In good working condition these are going for about $350, but it may not have the same cover plate. There were several different cover plates. I have one in my 914-6 and it works great. Good luck.
Bill.

Maybe not correct for you but I have a 1976/77 Blaupunkt Frankfurt AM/FM Stereo available

Thank you for the offer. It would depend on the model number, condition and of course, price. Can you provide more detail?

Steve,
The model number is 7.636.421
The radio is working very good
Price is 265 euro + shipping
If you need more information or pictures, please provide your emailadress
Regards
Enoz

I managed it to post pictures

Steve,
Are you interested in the radio?

Hello Enoz,

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been down with pneumonia the last few weeks. I think I will pass on this one. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer it.

Steve

Steve,

No problem

If anyone else is interested in radio, you can always contact me