[CANCELLED] Wanted: Manual Transmission Parts For A Jeepster!

Well actually, if truth be told, I’m looking for all the bits to convert a Jaguar XJ6 to a manual transmission!

Because I have to rebuild the BW 66, which is looking to be the better part of $3000, I’m just looking into the possibility of finding a bell housing, flywheel, and gearbox out of a Jaguar, to fit fit a 4.2. OD would fine, too.

If anybody has anything, please PM me and let me know what you need for it all: it should be located in the United States, because shipping on that stuff from overseas would be prohibitively expensive.

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Bumping this up: still thinking about it.

1 Like

I have an underutilized 4.2L flywheel for the cause, if that helps.

1 Like

Also have an orphan starter (might be for an automatic?)

Set that aside: if I can find a 'box, a bell, reasonable, I may go to the shifty option.

1 Like

You got it. I’m sure I have a decent 4.2 clutch cover too. It’s drilled for both styles of clutches.

Hey, have you ever messed with the 1960’s Ford Cruise-O-Matics? I just saw a photo of one and noted that they have a separate bellhousing, just like the DG and BW autos of the period. Did a little digging and it turns out that they are all close relatives. Millions of 1960s-70s of Fords. Should be easy to find one. Maybe swap to the Jag DG bellhousing? :man_shrugging:

It occurred, but the newest of them are almost as old as the 66.

I might have found somebody, an old transmission rebuild guy, that can do it for the cost of the parts and a slab of beer!

1 Like