Wanted: Parts for a '95 XJ6

Pete,
This is what we have. Would yours work as well?

Thanks,
Perry

Some uses a cable, some use a wide steel strip, some use a narrower steel strip. Mine is the narrower steel strip with the tangs around the Torx fastener.

Mine has a two-wire switch connector.

Bump… I had this all packed addressed. Hopefully not a waste of time?

Sorry Peter, My friend has the original one and replaced the plastic top pieces. Didn’t think it possible. He’s not in need of one any longer. Sorry for the trouble.

Perry

Peter,
I have been left “waiting at the altar” many times like this when I tried to help others with the Jaguar parts that they wanted to purchase. It was always disappointing when they decided not to purchase something that I spent my time finding, cleaning, and getting it ready to ship only to have them change their mind.

Paul

1 Like

Paul and Peter,

I agree with Paul 100%! I do NOT have the patience in dealing with someone who uses my time, patience and energy and THEN says " I do NOT want the part!" It happens extremely often on this forum as well as on my Mercedes and Rolls Royce/Bentley forums! It is NOT only for parts BUT for vehicles as well! Forum members offered me nothing for 1997 Jaguar XJ6 VP with 37,000 original miles. I sold it for $16,500 to an enthusiast who could afford it!

PS .Paul…I keep waiting for your MK JAG on BAT! Any updates on it?

Richard

Hello Perry

Pulling out of a purchase is your friend’s right. It happens.

Not communicating the change is a pity.

Stay well and stick around.

Pete

Richard,

The BaT auction for my 1957 MK VIII is progressing towards going live within the next week. I will provide an update on Jag-Lovers tonight in a reply to the Classified Ad that I posted for it rather than hijacking this thread.

Paul

1 Like

Thank you Pete. I appreciate it, and sorry for not letting you know sooner. My friend isn’t reliable, and I am trying to help him get his XJ6 back on the road. Thank you for all the other feedback. I try not to be ‘that guy’ in my personal dealings, I’ve had it happen to me.

Thanks,
Perry