Wanted: S3 XJ12 intermediate exhaust pipes

Hello,

For my '88 Canadian VDP, to finish the car for safety check, I need both intermediate pipes, CAC4318
I have couple of parts cars, but they are rotten too.
I tried for new ones from all the usuals, but no one has any. I tried UK as well.
I know they are a simple pipe, but I’m afraid if I take it to a muffler shop they’ll weld it all up so I will never get it apart.
If anyone has used, or can direct me to new, please do so.
Thanks, and good luck with your Jaguars,
Rob

(Include at least one picture)

Description:

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information:

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

If no other solution presents itself is there enough of the rotten pipes left that a muffler shop could duplicate them. I’m thinking, just take the old pipes in. I’ve done that before and it helps if you can find a locally, owned mom-and-pop type shop.

And any muffler shop worth the name should be able to swage the pipes to slip on and use clamps.

Thanks Robin and John,

I’ve never used a shop to fab exhaust, but I’ve seen a lot of horrible work.

I guess I’m too cautious.

No one makes these that I can find anyway, so I’ll take it to a shop.

Thanks,

Rob

The complete stainless Bell systems from SNG Barratt are excellent… but not cheap. Consider doing the whole thing if you have $800-ish to spend on it.