Wanted: XK120 or XK140 OTS, preferably in Australia

Description:
Following on from an earlier post in the XK Forum, I am seeking an XK120 or XK140 roadster, preferably in Australia.
Anything considered, but preference for one that’s somewhere in the ‘good quality driver’ to ‘recently restored’ range, rather than a full-blown project.

I’m in Brisbane QLD.
Please email me joshua-payne@hotmail.com if willing to part with yours, or if you know of anyone who may be considering selling.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

@angelw… any leads?

1 Like

Head over to www.ferrarichat.com and look under “cars for sale”. There’s a very nice, yellow XK140 for sale by a guy named calder1.

The car is in Redondo Beach, CA.

Good luck,
Alan
N.J.

Thanks very much.

That looks like a great example, but unfortunately we have a Luxury Car Tax imposed on imported vehicles here, and at that price, it is prohibitive once those taxes (totaling almost AUD$60,000 for this car) are added.

Thanks again

There are five on the Australian site “Carsales” Two are LHD which may put them out. One is a C Type replica under the XK120 listing. But if you read the full ad for the 1953 LHD drophead, the owner also has a RHD car for sale for $100,000 less than the drophead. You have to meet the market for these cars - none will be cheap.

2 Likes