Wonder if anyone has thoughts on this.
Newly skimmed and rebuilt head and block
New Payten gasket from SNG
Engine rebuilt, head torqued and checked at least 4 times 54 ft lbs
We ran the engine a few times for 10 mins or so out of the car. Third time we saw water weeping from head in particular (front) water pump end sides. Checked torque again and found most head nuts about 45 ft lbs. tightened back to 54 (and have always done in correct order)
Ran again and had water leak again.
Pulled head and found definitely leak but not into cylinders but out to sides of block but in particular water seemed to be creeping up the four head bolts that are longer for lifting eyes.
These are new head studs again from SNG
First thought is head not properly skimmed and intending to get checked but wondered if anyone had any other thoughts. I am wondering if the longer studs and lifting eyes have maybe meant not properly torqued or something.
Thanks all for any hints.
Glad I built a frame and started out of car.
Sorry should say 3.4 MK2.