Water pump impeller

So I have learned the hard way how soft the metal in the water pump impeller is!
I was having trouble getting a puller to fit the two threaded holes and tried a two leg outside grip type…and a side of the impeller broke off.
The rest of the pump is fine as it is a very low mileage car so would anyone happen to have a spare impeller??
Hopefully sharing my gaff will prevent someone else from repeating it.
Cheers

1 Like

That’s what happened to me 20 years ago! I used an impeller from a Chevy.

Well that makes me feel just a tad better!

Do you happen to remember what the impeller came off of, and did you notice any difference in the cooling performance?

Thanks

Dave

Every Chevy V8 engine uses a pump with a similar impeller. The critical thing about an impeller for a centrifugal pump is the OD, so try to find one with an OD the same or larger as the one that came out. That might require looking at a pump for a big block, I dunno. The vanes are likely to look COMPLETELY different, slightly forward-leaning vs. the dramatically backward-leaning vanes on the Jaguar impeller, but guess which company makes engines that are known for overheating? My cooling performance improved considerably, and I suspect yours will as well.

Better cooling performance, that’s worth a try.
Appreciate the tip.
Thanks