Water under car looks like bottom hose

Well noticed some water under the car yesterday , look’s like from the bottom hose ,
A little pissed off , as I went for the more expensive Kevlar hose set , had a quick look yesterday and I can see cracks in the hose .
Think I have another rubber hose , will try and find it and change it over , and take some pictures .
Anyone else using Kevlar hoses , think they are about 6 years old :thinking:

Must be annoying. Those on our car are a similar age - the set was described as ‘reinforced’ (from looking at the email order) but I don’t recall if kevlar or not. Cost was £47.50 around 6 years ago also - so far so good but I will keep an eye.

I bet ‘reinforced’ means that Kevlar or similar is present as a strand in the rubber, so would make it more resistant to overpressure. But mean time between leaks would rather be dependant on type of rubber used.
I know of EPDM, silicone, maybe someone uses Teflon or Viton for hoses.

Well found a new bottom hose in the shed , will put it on soon ,

I recently discovered water under the radiator too. It seems like it’s coming out of the bottom of the cores, where they connect to the bottom tank. Very small amount but it drips off the bottom hose, which I’ve tightened all the hoses many times and didn’t fix. Seems like the core is slightly leaking, but what’s weird is the car doesn’t overheat, it holds pressure. Then it weeps when it’s cold. I guess a new or recored radiator is in order. Is your radiator dry?

Far as I know it is , had a uprated core fitted a few years back , plan on doing the job today , so will have a good look around

My Daimler V8-250 uses quite a bit of water. A pressure test (when warm) held for 10 minutes. No mayonnaise anywhere. Engine runs beautifully except for a slight knock when cold and it’s a bit tricky to keep it pulling well without using a lot of choke.

Uses a bit of oil so don’t think the sump is filling up with water.

Thought I saw some coolant on the steering arm that goes across the car at the back of the engine once but can’t see where that might have come from and haven’t seen it again.

a radiator pressurising kit works great to find a cooling system leak,

I found 2 on vehicles straight away upon using them, cracked radiators that you could not see, leaking down the front

Well had a good look , see water on sump , looking up , there was a drip from the heater hose , that runs to the back of the engine , the clip was not that tight , 4 turns added , not sure why it would start to leak out now , anyway .
I replaced the bottom hose too , I will try and find the bill , and tell them about it , can only be 5/6 years old :thinking:

20210507_131118

that is bad

dont think the manafacturer is going to want to see that very much

I keep old coolant pipes longer than you should, cause I’m scared of poor quality replacements

1 Like

Found the Invoice 11/09/2017 :scream:

Simon from Sales at David Manners rang me , to explain about the hoses , they had a bad supplier , who is no longer in Business , after looking around they found a top quality supplier , at great expense they sale a top quality hose now , they have to buy 1000 of each hose from the new supplier , they do look good !

I’ve been impressed that the folks at DM really do try to sell good stuff. I’ve been very happy with my orders from them.